About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

11 Apr 2017

Closed Bridges

So, they finally closed the Kaarsild - Arch Bridge - across Emajõgi. It will be reopened in autumn, so I was happy that I got to cross it one more time before all the works begun. 



Now my path to University of Tartu leads through park and across the Vabadussild Bridge. It's a bit further away but nice walk by the river is good both before and after spending all day in the library. I even started planning on bringing my scooter here just to get myself to move more.







I also planned on continuing to exercise here, even found a gym that has Pilates and TRX programs, but life doesn't always goes the way you want. Lately I've been feeling tired and this whole preparing for departure experience had worn me out quite a lot, which led straight to all sorts of health problems and visiting physician's office. It is such nerve-racking period now, I can barely concentrate on my research. I hope that I see the silver lining soon.



I try to distract myself with treats from my beloved Werner's and beautiful things like this blue rose pendant from Nice Idea. Even if just for a while, it still helps.



I believe that somehow everything's going to be OK. It's a good lesson, both for myself and for other perfectionists, that it's better not to stress too much, otherwise you can ruin your carefully prepared plans. Stay healthy!


Comments